The ABC’s of Patient Advocacy eCourse will help empower you to take charge of your family’s medical care and provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to be a patient advocate for yourself or your loved one.
In the Patient Advocacy eCourse, Dr. Marci Hardy, PhD will share her expertise as a professional and as a woman whose family members require frequent and intensive medical care. She will share with you her knowledge on how to navigate the medical system and take charge of your own medical needs!
In the course, Dr. hardy will cover:
- Definition of Patient Advocacy
- What it means to be your own patient advocate
- A: Ask
- B: Be Prepared
- C: Communication
- D: Document
- E: Explore Creating a Care Team
- F: Find the Right Fit
- G: Get Actively Involved
You will also receive a toolkit of downloadable documents to help you:
- document your personal and family history,
- prepare for a medical appointment,
- record your medicine and supplement use,
- understand medical acronyms you come across in medical reports and documents, and
- understand common medical terminology
This eCourse also includes access to our private Facebook group for patient advocacy.